l Why is organizational change hard?
○ Traditional organizational change efforts focus on financials and integration of organizational structures and formal
○ This approach completely ignores informal aspects of organizations, such as organizational culture and peer-to-peer
communication. However informal processes are significant drivers of high performance and other positive outcomes.
○ Informal aspects of organizations may be discounted due to the difficulty of quantifying informal processes.
l MIT Sociometric Badges----Social Sensing Technology and innovative designing
l Sociometric Badges® is capable of:
- Capturing face-to-face interactions
- Detecting face-to-face communication patterns
- Extracting social signals from speech and body movement
- Measuring proximity and relative
- Location of users
l Sociometric Analytics®:
- CombinesSociometric Badges, e-mail analytics, and other proprietary data collection methods
- Individual and group feedback visualization interface
MIT Sociometric Badges
- Infra-Red (IR) Transceiver
- 3-Axis Accelerometer